Faithfully Rejoicing in the Work
Socorro and Faith count their blessings. At a local Thanksgiving service, church members brought gifts from their abundance. These two women, dedicated servants of God, model faithfully rejoicing in the work God has given them.
As missionaries sent from the Philippines, Faith and Sorocco serve in Northern Thailand with remarkable dedication. Teaching English serves as a primary method of ministry to help plant churches. They have had a lot of success.
However, then came the pandemic, limiting contact and threatening to cripple their efforts. They felt inadequate to face the challenges of teaching virtually, but they didn’t let it stop them! Every missionary’s middle name is “flexibility” and they have earned it.
"We thank God for the time we have to be able to translate in Thai, discipleship and Children’s teaching materials to be used by our Thai Sunday School teachers. By the grace of our faithful God, after 15 months, we are back in Thailand and rejoicing in the work He has for us."
They count their blessings:
- The work of sharing Christ, discipleship, counseling and children's ministries goes forward. To God be the glory!
- Socorro continues to mentor church leaders and teach piano to Ken, the church pianist.
- Faith continues Bible studies on line. Student's families started to join in and family members hear the gospel.
- Chiangrai Baptist Fellowship streams weekly and daily sermons into homes.
- New believers are being discipled and taught Thai on line.
- Chiangrai Baptist Fellowship ministered to a tribal group outside the city in lockdown.
"The pandemic gives us many opportunities of sharing God’s love and the gospel to others." - Faith & Soccoro
Please pray for our sisters in Christ. Thank God for helping them creatively reach out with faithfulness.