Baptism and Baseball
Smiling for Joy
“I gave my heart to Jesus over 30 years ago, but I have not been baptized,” said Rosario. She is an 80-year-old woman who spoke to Alvaro as he visited the town where she lives. “Would you help me?” Of course, he did! Alvaro and a visiting pastor from North America spoke with Rosario about her genuine faith in Christ and the meaning of baptism. On the day of her baptism, she was a bit nervous. A lot of her friends and neighbors had come to lend their support.
When Rosario came up from the water, she had the biggest smile. I have not seen such joy in a person after being baptized. It was contagious!Alvaro
Pray for Rosario as she grows in her faith. She has been attending all the church services. She is praying for other family members who don’t know Jesus yet.
Baseball Ministry Bearing Fruit
Sports ministry is a tool that has opened doors for Alvaro and Erica to share the Gospel in Nicaragua. A recent update told about starting Sunday afternoon baseball. At 4:00 on Sunday afternoons, families gather for food, fellowship, and a friendly ballgame. Recently they shared that after one of the baseball gatherings, a teen boy named Byron asked for prayer because he had surrendered his life to Jesus. He now faithfully attends Wednesday morning Bible study. Pray for even more fruit from the sports ministry.
- For God to raise up church leaders from among the young people.
- For the local church to grow and be strengthened.
- For effective discipleship among the youth of Nicaragua.
- For financial support for Alvaro, Erica, and their family.
- For necessary tools like Bibles, sports equipment, and art supplies
- For a basic building for church and other ministry gatherings.