Examples of God's Mighty Work
Christians everywhere recognize that God has been working through the COVID-19 virus, even despite the hardship that has come along with it. Kolkata Christian Fellowship—a church network in India—has experienced some of the best examples of God's mighty saving and sanctifying work throughout the past year and a half. Their latest update is best told from the leaders of the church themselves (Edited only slightly for grammar and security):
We would like to do our best to share with you a few of the amazing things that the LORD has done. Let us rejoice & praise HIS Name together.
One of the greatest blessings in this season has been to see the Church in prayer. Here are a just a few joys of this awesome ministry:
- Prayer Warriors: The LORD raised up a dedicated team of men and women who committed to pray every day for the needs that people shared. This led to us receiving hundreds of prayer requests each week and having hundreds of hours of prayers raised to the Throne of HIS Grace.
- Fasting Days: As we dedicated a couple of days each week for focused fasting and prayer, we began to hear of many in the body who were challenged and had begun to do the same.
- Praying for the Nations of the World: One of the desires of our heart was that we devote one day in our weekly engagement of prayer to cry out to the LORD for the unreached nations of the World. We are thrilled that as of last Wednesday we were able to pray for 85 nations of the World. We are thrilled that one day around HIS throne we will celebrate with the many that we prayed for.
When the first Lockdown happened last year, we decided to meet for a Bible discussion twice every Thursday. Over these months we have seen GOD grow a burden in the hearts of people to study HIS Word. Our groups have grown steadily and we now have 128 individuals who are part of these Bible discussion groups. What is also humbling is that we have in the group people from all over India and even from other parts of the World.
We rejoice that we have been able to conduct:
- A Morning Worship service: We rejoice that we have an average of 1,000 views for our service every Sunday.
- Kids Church: We rejoice that we are also able to air a short service for children every Sunday. This service is also aired on YouTube. We praise GOD that we have around 500 Views each week.
- Bengali Church: We rejoice that we were able to begin meeting online as a Bengali Fellowship this month. This meeting is currently conducted using the WhatsApp Video format.
- TOT: Our Teens On Track ministry for teens meet twice every month on the Zoom Platform. We rejoice that we have had new young people join us in this season.
- CNC: Our College And Career Program also meets online twice a month and has been growing steadily every week.
- WOW: Our Women Of the Word ministry meets once a month and we rejoice that GOD is blessing the time of fellowship that the ladies enjoy.