God's Help in Times of Trouble
In the poorest country of Asia, Ajit knows God has helped them during these pandemic and cyclone times. In these times of trouble, lockdowns have made it difficult for day workers to feed their families. Cyclonne Yaas added hardship by destroying crops, breaking mud barriers around fish fields, and allowing sea water to kill fish.
Ajit and his team have persevered in this season of suffering. How did ministry look different?
Adapting to Persevere in Ministry
- Instead of big meetings, Ajit met in small groups or one-on-one with people in their courtyards or verandas. They taught the Bible, sharing the Good News for troubled times.
- When lockdowns lifted, they held a Bible Correspondence School graduation, giving Bibles and certificates to 50 program graduate.
- They celebrated by singing praise, praying, preaching the Word, quizzing Bible knowledge, hearing testimonies, quoting memory verses, playing games, and sharing tea and lunch.
- With relief gifts, Ajit and his team purchased food for the poor and needy. They shared Good News from the Word of God as they shared much needed supplies.
- The ministry team continues to meet monthly, spreading out to minister in villages.
- The Free Friendship Children’s School adapted their methods, giving assignments to do at home.
- Teachers are “relentlessly teaching” one-on-one or in small groups. “We thank God for keeping us healthy in pandemic times.”
- Friendship Bible Church has continued to meet weekly, to serve the needy, and to grow amidst the trouble.
Ajit says, “We know that everything is in God’s hands. We just continue to do in faith what he has called us to do.”
New Creative Medical Outreach
With the creativity and initiative that characterizes his ministry, Ajit sees opportunity to serve people and share the Gospel in new ways. With a loan from the FARMS International program, he started a two-room pharmacy. One room provides space for a weekend doctor to see patients and supply medicines. Another room provides space for a Bible literature library.
“Please pray for this effort to help the patients physically with their medical problems and also have a spiritual outreach.” - Ajit
In this season of on-going trouble, this team is adapting to persevere in ministry. They are continuing with new and creative ways to reach and serve people. The holidays are an opportunity.
Now Ajit has strategically planned holiday outreach events focused on groups including children, the elderly, teenagers, and his faithful staff team. The team will feed people physically by serving tea and lunch, and they will feed them spiritually by sharing the Good News. Blankets will be given to help the needy prepare for colder weather.
If you’d like to help Ajit with funds for these outreach opportunities, you can give below to make a difference.
“Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about [their] perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials [they] are enduring.” (2 Thessalonians 1:4)